I LOVE breakfast. It is by and far my favorite type of foods to eat (this includes dessert). I stumbled across this idea a couple of years ago when after making a batch of homemade naan for Indian food one night, I was stumped on what to do with the rest of the delicious flatbread. I didn’t want it to go to waste! So one morning, as I was thinking about what to make for breakfast, I came up with the idea of a naan breakfast pizza, with the naan as a “crust”. And the rest is history.
Ironically as a baker, I’ve always preferred savory over sweet. I will always choose french fries over cookies, salty over sweet. I have a serious salt addiction. Which makes it so hilarious that I became a baker and started a (primarily) baking blog. But I love baking because of the unique combination of science, skill, and creativity. And also that sharing homemade desserts is a love language in itself.
Naan Breakfast Pizza
This dish is great for so many reasons. Using the naan as the crust is so much better than any other flatbread. Its soft and chewy, which makes a great base.
You can use any cheese you prefer for the breakfast pizza, but I prefer cheddar. When putting it on the naan, I arrange it with two wells in the middle for the eggs. I usually put them where there are some natural dips in the naan. Make sure to not put them too close to the edge, or your egg will fall off. I also put some extra cheese on the edges of these wells to trap the egg in. Definitely make sure to spray the baking sheet before building your pizza too! Otherwise it will stick to the baking sheet when you take it out of the oven.
The eggs in this version of the breakfast pizza are sunny side up. I love them like that because I like the dippy yolk. But if you’re not a over-easy type of person, that’s okay too! My husband sometimes requests scrambled on his instead. To do this, I build my naan and cheese on top (omitting the well divets). Then I soft-scramble 2 eggs and put them on top. You should under-cook the eggs a bit because they will finish cooking in the oven. I top with a bit more cheese and the seasonings, then bake in the oven for 6-7 minutes.
If you enjoyed this recipe leave a rating and drop a comment down below! You can also connect with me oven on the Instagram, @KayleaBakes!
Naan Breakfast PizzaCourse: BreakfastDifficulty: Easy
1 full sized naan flatbread*
4oz grated cheddar cheese (or your preference)
Everything but the bagel seasoning
Fresh cracked pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray down with cooking spray.
- Place a naan on the baking sheet. Add the cheese across the top evenly. Create two wells in the cheese for the eggs.
- Crack the eggs into each of the wells.
- Top the pizza with the seasonings.
- Place in the oven and bake for approximately 15 minutes (You should be watching for the eggs to “white over” on top of the yolks and for a slight wobble when shaken).
- Take out of the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes prior to serving. Garnish with chopped parsley and hot sauce as desired.
- * You can use a storebought or homemade naan! I personally like to make mine at home and freeze them for later use, they’re surprisingly simple to make. I love halfbakedharvest.com’s recipe!