This funfetti cheesecake is twist on the classic birthday cake, in a creamy rich cheesecake with a golden Oreo crust!
I am a firm believer that funfetti is a flavor that can be enjoyed at any age, 3 or 93, it’s always delicious. No one is above sprinkles and that unforgettable birthday cake flavor!
The cake batter flavor that infuses this cheesecake is recreated by a flavoring extract I found on Amazon. Birthday Cake extract! Who knew there was even such a thing?! I used it in both the cake and the crust. It is SO GOOD. You need this in your life. And before you ask yourself, when else would I use this stuff? This is going to sit in my pantry forever!…not true! This would also be amazing in birthday blondies, rice crispy treats, or in a no churn ice cream using my classic vanilla ice cream base!
And then, there’s the sprinkles. I loooooooove sprinkles. I used jimmies in this recipe, but you could also use nonpareils. It’s your choice! Just keep in mind that nonpareils will bleed color a bit more. Also, on a total side note, have you heard of gourmet sprinkles?? They are insanely beautiful (and expensive). But they’re so cute too! Do I need them? No. But do I need them? ….maybe.
Give this funfetti cheesecake a try for the next birthday celebration you have! It’s pretty foolproof. And if you’ve had issues with cheesecake cracking, you have to try the water bath method! It makes the texture stay nice and soft with NO cracking! If you have and questions of comments, feel free to leave them down below or hop over to my Instagram, KayleaBakes, and send me a DM! Enjoy!
Funfetti CheesecakeCourse: DessertCuisine: CheesecakeDifficulty: Medium
- Funfetti Cheesecake Batter
4, 8oz package of full fat cream cheese, softened
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup full fat sour cream, room temperature
3 teaspoons cake batter extract*
3 large eggs, room temperature
pinch of salt
1/4 cup sprinkles
2 sleeves of golden Oreo cookies (about 24 cookies)
3 tablespoons melted butter
1/4 cup sprinkles
2 teaspoons cake batter extract
- Preheat the oven to 325.
- Mix cream cheese in stand mixer with paddle attachment until whipped. Scrape sides as necessary.
- Add sour cream, eggs, sugar, extract, and salt. Mix together. Add the sprinkles and mix until just combined.
- In a food processor, add Oreo’s, melted butter, and extract. Combine on high until mixture resembles wet sand. Mix in sprinkles by hand.
- Grease spring form pan and wrap bottom tightly in aluminum foil.
- Add crust mixture to bottom on greased spring form pan and press into bottom to pack tight.
- Pour batter in pan and smooth top.
- Place pan in a roasting pan, or large rimmed baking sheet. Add about 1″ of steaming water to the bottom of the roasting pan. Place in preheated oven.
- Bake in oven for approximately 80 minutes, until the edges are set and middle wobbles slightly.
- Turn off oven and leave cheesecake in hot oven for 10 additional minutes. When that time is up, take out and unwrap foil from pan. Let cheesecake cool on counter for 10 additional minutes.
- Place cheesecake in fridge for about 3-4 hours to completely chill.
- Cut and serve!
- *Cake batter extract can be found in grocery stores or online. I got the McCormick brand on Amazon.